Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Roundup

Hey there Blogging Bookworm readers. I bet since it's June 1 you were expecting a post from Heather (if you are keeping track of who posts during what week)! But here at The Blogging Bookworm we say the week starts on Sunday, so technically it's the 5th week of May so it's my week. (Confused yet? Don't worry - you'll get Heather next week.) So anyway, what's going on with everyone out there? Do you have any good books in the works? Up here near Boston, we get a few days of gorgeous spring weather, and my thoughts turn to garden books, then we have a few days of freezing cold weather where I have to break out the jeans and sweaters again and that makes me want to get back to my knitting instead. I even had to turn the heat back on last week during two days (only for an hour each day, just to warm up the house, and my older daughter was really sick, so I couldn't bear to see her shaking with cold, even all bundled up). Oh well, as we like to say here up North - it beats 95 all the time! Drop us a comment and tell us what you're reading - we love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Beany said...

I'm reading Big Box Swindle. Although I haven't set foot in walmart/kmart and the like in a long while, I wasn't terribly opposed to places like Lowes, ikea and home depot. But now, reading about how they violate laws, dump toxins everywhere and contribute to so much blight, I am going the extra step in searching for small businesses. Since I seem to be constantly researching purchasing decisions for my employer...I can actually do something both professionally and personally.