Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Roundup

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween! Life was crazy at our house as we witnessed more than 700 kids trick-or-treating as well as enjoyed the evening with good food and friends.

Despite the craziness of the season (and it's only going to get crazier, isn't it?), I have a couple great reviews for you this week, one of which I believe should be on the "must-read" list for those new to the world of sustainable food consumption.

What books have you read that you consider "must-reads" for newbies to sustainable food?

5 comments:

Donna said...

700?!! Sheesh! We don't do it anymore since when we did we got about 4, and they were kind of scary looking and too old to be trick-or-treating anyway.

hmd said...

Yeah, we usually expect between 500-700. And to run out of candy by 8PM? We were shocked!

Going Crunchy said...

I'm reading Tribes, Saving the World at Work and Buy, Baby, Buy right now. Yep, I'm skimnming!

Green Bean said...

I'm reading The Boy Who Harvested the Wind - to my 4 and 6 year olds. I was sent the book to review and then saw the author on Jon Stewart. Great book so far.

hmd said...

Going Crunchy - that bad, huh?

Green Bean - Cool! I've gotten a few book recommendations off Jon Stewart too :)