Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Roundup


I recently started Big Box Swindle: The True Cost of Mega-Retailers and the Fight for America's Independent Businesses. It is a fantastically frightening read though I admit that I'm having trouble finding time to read it.

How have you spent the holidays thus far? Baking cookies, wrapping presents, celebrating with friends and family or huddling by a fire with a good green book? Are you reading or reviewing anything these days? Please share if you are.

4 comments:

Farmer's Daughter said...

I've been reading gardening books and dreaming about spring, picking out seeds, and planning. "The New Seed Starter's Handbook" has been pretty helpful so far.

Anonymous said...

I got Wild Fermentation and Eliot Coleman's Four Season Garden as presents and have been browsing both of those books, dreaming of being back in my own kitchen and also dreaming of spring. I also read "Loot" which is the story of how major art museums pal around with smugglers and looters to obtain ancient treasures, both now and in the past -- there are parallels to environmental pillage. But now I'm on to dragon fiction . . . it is my vacation.

Green Bean said...

Ah, I love that everyone's thinking about gardening! And/or dragon fiction. :) I too feel like I'm on vacation - even from more serious reads.

Sam said...

I plan on reading alot of green books this year as well. Just have been busy with adjusting and other stuff to read anything relevant to this blog.