Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Roundup

Happy MLK Day, everyone! What a coincidence to have Obama's inaugeration be tomorrow!

On other topics...
Is it cold where you are? Compared to reports coming out of the midwest, we've had balmy weather, but we've been stuck in the '30's for a week and it sure feels cold. Perfect weather to curl up with a mug of hot chocolate and a book! I'd be reading up a storm except that I'm in the middle of a rewrite of my book so I'm editing up a storm.

I did read one terrific book, though, that I'll review later this week: Little Heathens. How about you? What's everybody else reading? Or reviewing? Please drop us a comment and we (well, OK, Chile) will add your book or review to the Bookworm.

4 comments:

Kale for Sale said...

I read a book. Finally. But it's not a green book. I read Annie Leibovitz's new book, At Work, and haven't left the house without my camera since. And yesterday inspired by a recent trip to Mexico I went to see John Gibler interviewed about his new book, Mexico Unconquered, which again isn't really green but as Mexico goes, to a degree, so goes the US. In any event, the young author had a bright brilliance, humbleness and an extraordinary grace in which he presented his knowledge and experience and I'm beginning his book today.

Going Crunchy said...

I'm reading Zen Heart: Simple Advice for Living with Mindfulness and Compassion. I'll be reviewing it next week.

I'm also working on The End of Food. I'm considering a review but I know it has already been done. Now that is a waker'upper!

Anonymous said...

Do seed catalogs count?

Donna said...

kale: That sounds really interesting, particularly the book about Mexico. I can relate to wanting to take my camera everywhere I go -- it's even worse when you have a cute kid. :)

going crunchy: The End of Food, huh? I hope not! I may have to check that one out!

SusanB: Yes, in January seed catalogs count. We should add that to our book list. :)