Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Roundup

Happy Monday everybody! I'm using a picture from my Blog Out Loud homemade bumper sticker series from this summer as my image for this week. The green blogosphere buzz this week has been on embracing our personal responsibility in changing the tide of our country. I'm not going to say that my quasi-obnoxious stickers change the tide, but they certainly got some laughs and hand claps as I doodled about town.

What is on your bookshelf this week? Are you working on something new or something recommended? Share your thoughts. Green readers want to know.

4 comments:

Farmer's Daughter said...

My next class for my second MS (this one's in Environmental Ed.) starts tomorrow night, and is on Marine and Coastal Ecosystems, focusing on Long Island Sound (since that's where we live...). I anticipate having a book for that course, but haven't swung by the bookstore yet.

Green Bean said...

I'm still working my way through Big Box Swindle. It is not a reflection on the book as to how long it is taking me; just a reflection on my tendency to over-commit. Also, about to start Green Housekeeping for my February green book club meeting. Lucky me that January we are doing a movie night in lieu of a book. Whew!

Anonymous said...

I just listened to the latest podcast from Speaking of Faith and was inspired to get the book, An End to Suffering. It's a kind of "what would the Buddha do" discussion about the world and compassion. Alas, it's not available in e-book form so I'm starting in on my science book challenge.

I'm taking baby steps on the science book and chose for my first book, Does Anything Eat Wasps? The book deals with questions submitted by readers of the magazine, Popular Science.

Going Crunchy said...

Cool Red Fern. Where the Red Fern Grows by Rawls is one of my fav books of all time. Nice "handle" you have going there!